DMH has earned the Gold Seal of Approval from the Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers . This distinction is awarded only to those programs that comply with the highest national standards for safety and quality of care and demonstrate a commitment to excellence in providing primary stroke center services.
We’re committed to educating the community on how to recognize the signs of stroke and to reduce risk factors for stroke.
- Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body.
- Abrupt onset of confusion, trouble speaking or understanding.
- Sudden double vision or trouble with vision
- Abrupt onset of dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
- Sudden, severe headacheIf you are experiencing stroke symptoms call 9-1-1. If you cannot call 9-1-1, have someone else drive you to the nearest emergency department immediately. B.E. F.A.S.T.