What to expect:
- One Parent Meal per child
- Dedicated rooms for children
- Play Room – safe place for play (no treatment given)
- Housekeeping leaves adorable towel animals
- Hero Coloring Book
- Classes – Grandparents, CPR, Tween, Big” Brother/Sister
- Security Bands
It is important for hospitalizations for children to incorporate some fun and have a feeling of home, so on the Pediatrics Unit at DMH, we provide many comforts of home including toys and a large kid-friendly DVD library and video games. Also, we try to make our Pediatric patients feel safe and special at all times and utilize a child-friendly treatment room for any necessary procedures.
The Pediatrics Unit has a specially-trained nursing staff through the Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification. This specialized training, educates our nurses in support of the physical, mental, psychosocial, developmental and spiritual needs of the pediatric patient and family.