DMH Gift Shop
DMH Gift Shop is owned and operated by the DMH Auxiliary. We take Master Card, VISA, and Discover, both in the shop and over the telephone. Please feel free to give us a call at 217-876-2828 to place your order right over the phone. Fantastic gifts for the new mom and baby. Balloons and flowers also available.
- Monday – Friday: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
- Saturday & Sunday: Closed
Café DMH will be open daily and serve:
- Breakfast from 6:30 – 10:30 a.m.
- Lunch from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Snacks, soups, salads, and deli from 2 – 4:30 p.m.
- Dinner from 4:30 – 7:30 p.m. daily
Take advantage of a free full time valet parking and assistance from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Bring your car to the Patient Registration/Kirkland Lobby west side entrance which faces Monroe street and your vehicle will be parked free of charge.
Along with the standard rules and regulations, the DMH Family Birth Center has it’s own rules and regulations.
Labor and Delivery Visiting Rules
- The baby’s father is allowed anytime and is not considered a visitor.
- We recommend no more than two support persons during labor and no more than one additional support person during delivery in the LDRP (Labor-Delivery-Recovery-Postpartum) rooms.
- Children under 12 should not visit during labor and delivery.
Visiting Rules After Delivery
Only mom, dad, grandparents, brothers, and sisters of the new baby are allowed to be in the room when the baby is there. And, just as at home, all of these visitors must wash their hands and be free from infectious diseases before they may have contact with the baby. Other visitors may view the baby when it is in the nursery.
Nursery Visiting Rules
Only mom and dad may visit a baby in the nursery. These visits must be coordinated with the baby’s medical and nursing staffs.
Following these rules and regulations help us to protect the health of our new babies and provide adequate rest and support time for new moms. Thank you for your cooperation!