Non-invasive Vascular studies:
- Ultrasounds of the kidneys looking for abnormalities, such as in size or shape.
- Ultrasound of the arteries leading to the kidneys to check for adequate blood flow to the kidneys.
- Vascular mapping. Done prior to having surgery to have a dialysis graft or fistula created. An ultrasound of the blood vessels is done to determine which are the best to use for the procedure. The blood vessels are marked so the surgeon will have a ‘map’ to know which blood vessels to use. Ultrasound of dialysis graft or fistula to determine adequacy of blood flow through it.
Invasive Vascular Studies:
- Balloon angioplasty (other than on heart blood vessels)
- Stents placed in blood vessels (other than the heart)
- Cardiac catheterizations
Declotting of vascular accesses
Revision of vascular accesses
Although kidney transplants are not yet done at Decatur Memorial Hospital, we have services available to assist in the “work up” process. Included are:
- Laboratory Services
- X-Ray Services
- CAT Scans
- MRI Scans
- Pulmonary Function Testing
- EKG Tests
- EKG Treadmill Exercise Stress Testing
- EKG Medication Stress Testing