Qualified candidates for the DNP degree (Track 1-NAP) are highly-motivated Registered Nurses who hold a baccalaureate degree in nursing from an accredited program and who have completed pre-requisite academic and professional requirements.
Graduate applicants must:
- Complete the DNP application https://muonline.millikin.edu/prod/bwskalog.p_disploginnew)
- Send official transcripts from all graduate and undergraduate institutions attended and demonstrate a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Provide evidence of successful completion (grade of C or better) in an organic chemistry or biochemistry course with lab.
- Complete a graduate level statistics course with a grade of B or better prior to enrollment.
- Possess an unencumbered/unrestricted license as an RN in Illinois or be eligible and obtain upon admission.
- Provide evidence of current ACLS, BLS, and PALS certification. Submit CCRN certification if applicable (preferred).
- Provide three (3) written recommendations utilizing the NAP-SON form. One recommendation must be from a direct critical care supervisor.
- Submit a one to two-page written statement (up to 1000 words) addressing person and professional goals related to the DNP program.
- Submit a current resume or curriculum vitae that demonstrates a minimum of one year (two or more preferred) of adult critical care experience.
International students must submit official transcripts (in English) with an official evaluation of those transcripts by a foreign credentials evaluation agency and proof of English proficiency as evidenced by a minimum score of 550 on the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). There are additional requirements for international students; contact Millikin’s Graduate Nursing Director, 1184 W. Main Street, Decatur, IL 62522, prior to submitting an application.
IMPORTANT PROGRAM DATES
Application Deadline for Class enrolling January 2020: January 15, 2019
Submit application materials via Millikin University or NursingCAS.
Interviews: April 4 and 5, 2019
Interview invitations will be sent following the March 26, 2018 Admissions Committee meeting.
Acceptance Notifications: April 6-26, 2019
Notifications of offered positions will be sent approximately two weeks following the last interview date. Acceptance of your position along with payment the position deposit must be completed by the date stated in the notification letter. Position deposit is applied toward the first semester tuition.
Credentialing: January 20, 2020
Following acceptance of an offered position, satisfactory credentialing to confirm acceptability into clinical experiences must occur. The failure to obtain credentialing results in the inability to obtain required clinical experiences and, therefore, the forfeiture of the offered position. The credentialing process requires the following be submitted prior to January 20, 2020:
- Position deposit and letter of position acceptance
- Medical clearance
- Background check
- Drug screen
- State of IL Professional Registered Nurse Licensure
Programmatic Orientation: January 2020
Orientation for new students entering the nurse anesthesia program (NAP) will be held prior to beginning of classes in January. Information will be provided by Millikin University School of Nursing and Decatur Memorial Hospital Anesthesia School.