DMH eVisits FAQ’s
IF YOU ARE HAVING AN EMERGENCY PLEASE CALL 911
GO TO THE NEAREST EMERGENCY ROOM
- What is DMH e Visits? DMH eVisits offers 24/7 care from anywhere via your smartphone, tablet, or computer. During your virtual visit, a health care provider can offer a diagnosis, treatment, and even submit a prescription for medication to a local pharmacy (if necessary). No appointment is needed.
- How long will I wait to see a provider? Typically 30 minutes.
- How long is the consultation? Typically less than 15 minutes.
- What is the price? $29.00 payable by credit card.
- What type of providers would I see? MD, PA (Physician Assistant), NP (Nurse Practitioner).
- Will I see a provider by video? Yes.
- Can I use a PC or Mac computer to access DMH e Visits? Yes, simply go to https://dmhevisits.connectedcare.md/#/patient and login or register. Please use Google Chrome or FireFox browsers for best results.
- Can I use a tablet to access DMH eVisits? Yes you can use an iPad or Android tablet. Please download the DMH eVisits app through the “App Store” or “Google Play”. You can also visit https://dmhevisits.connectedcare.md/#/patient
- Can I use a cell phone to access DMH eVisits? You can use an iPhone or an Android phone. Please download the DMH eVisits app through the “App Store” or “Google Play”.
- What if a provider does not see me after waiting approximately 30 minutes? Please call 217-875-8406 for assistance.
- What if I am having technical problems with using DMH eVisits? Please contact 1-888-666-2352 for assistance.
- What if the video session gets disconnected? The video session will try to reconnect with you if you are able to log back in within 3 minutes. The provider can also call you back if that fails.
- Can I get a refund? You will get a “credit” appointment added to your DMH eVisits account to use in the future.
- If the video consult is finished unexpectedly and was not complete.
- If the Provider feels the problem is not appropriate for tele-medicine.
- What non-emergent conditions can I use this service for?
- Allergy & sinus symptoms
- Colds, coughs, sore throat
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Pink Eye
- Rash, hives, poison ivy
- Will I be billed for this service from DMH? No, your credit card will be charged for this service.
- Will I get a receipt? Yes, you will get a receipt immediately when you accept the use of DMH eVisits.
- Will I get a copy of my visit? Yes, you can view a full report in your DMH eVisits account. You can also print or download this report if you wish.
- Can I turn this in to my insurance? You will need to contact your Insurance provider regarding submitting a claim.
- Can I get a prescription by using DMH eVisits? In some cases a prescription could be sent to your pharmacy of choice.
- Are narcotic prescriptions for pain available by using DMH eVisits? DMH Providers are not able to prescribe narcotic medications.