DMH May Stroke Symposium
2017 May Stroke Symposium
5-3-2017…Decatur, Ill…Decatur Memorial Hospital will host its annual Stroke Symposium at 5 p.m. on Thursday, May 25, in the Classroom Complex at the Hospital. This year’s event titled, “Think F.A.S.T. – Stroke Prevention: How Not to Have a Stroke” will feature health care specialists and leaders in the areas of stroke prevention, detection and treatment presenting on a variety of stroke-related topics:
- Brain Attack Introduction – Oliver Dold, M.D., Neurosurgeon, DMH Medical Group
- Initial Care of a Stroke – DMH Emergency Medicine
- Restoring Blood Flow – Howard Wiarda, M.D., DMH Interventional Radiologist
- Primary Prevention: How Not to Have a Stroke – Stephen Goetter, M.D., FACP, Internal Medicine, DMH Signature Health
- Nutrition and Diabetes: Healthy Food, Healthy Brain – Holly Black, Dietitian Assistant, DMH Clinical Nutrition and Vicke Wakeland, RN, Certified Diabetic Educator, DMH Diabetes Education Center
- Role of Exercise/Physical Activity in Stroke Prevention – Mike Stewart, Manager, DMH Wellness Center
- Secondary Prevention: How Not to Have Another Stroke – Fazeel Siddiqui, M.D., Neurologist
In addition, free health screenings including Carotid, Blood Pressure, and Stroke Risk will be available, as well as a Question and Answer Panel for discussion. Please call (217) 876-2850 to register.
Decatur Memorial Hospital (DMH), located in Decatur, Ill., is a 300 bed, not-for-profit, community hospital that has been providing medical care since 1916 for the residents of Central Illinois. Today, DMH has nearly 2,150 dedicated employees and 300 physicians. DMH encompasses 11 state-of-the-art centers of excellence. For more information, visit www.dmhcares.com.