Nurse Anesthesia Program
If you have a research project that requires submission to the DMH IRB, have no fear. It is a relatively easy and simple process.
- Contact the DMH IRB Administrator, Denette Pariseau, through e-mail. She can be reached at email@example.com
- Identify who you are and the nature of your research project. Most students will be performing Quality Improvement Initiatives.
- Attach your documentation to include your Millikin University IRB application, your CITI human subjects training completion certificate, any pre- and post-tests, questionnaires, NetLearning modules, PowerPoint presentation, and letter of invitation or consent form. This list is not all-inclusive, and not every document listed will be required.
- If your research project involves medical records, you will be provided a Data Use Agreement that will require approval by the Memorial Legal Department. You should expect a delay in acquiring this document, which has to be signed by Legal and the student.
- All research projects require students to sign a Student Assurance. The assurance also requires the signature of Dr. Dana Flatley. You can download the Student Assurance form here.
- Decatur Memorial Hospital utilizes an electronic system for IRB. Denette will create your account, and will enter all information.
- Students will be provided a copy of the study submission form to review for accuracy. If no changes are required, Denette will request the student’s permission to route the submission form to the IRB Chair.
- Almost all studies can be IRB approved by the DMH IRB Chair within days.
- Your approval documents and IRB approval letter will be forwarded to you via email. You will need this documentation prior to submitting your formal application to the Millikin University IRB.